Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Ten Projects, One Word

Ten art projects in one week. Just hearing that sentence would give any artist chills almost instantly. But the extent of this project did not end there. On top of it, we had to create all ten of those pieces based off of a randomly chosen word. Mine happened to be opulent. A word that I would never have thought to create this many art projects about. However, I was able to come up with ten different ideas, each of which displays a different aspect of the word opulent. Some of my pieces were based off of the word rich, showing how money is not always the most important part of life. Others were based off of some of the synonyms, extravagant and luxurious. These paintings either showed extravagant ideas people often have or how different items can be luxurious to different people. Overall, I felt that my pieces started out very well, but as the week came to a close, I could feel my ideas and craftsmanship getting weaker. However, as usual, my concept of color in each of my pieces was very strong. Each image has a unique use of colors and an interesting composition. However, when I look at some of them it is clear to see that the paint in certain areas is not as neat as I would have liked it to be. This is most likely due to the short amount I had to work on these, but even so, craftsmanship is something that I still need to pay attention to and work to improve. In addition to the craftsmanship, I also wished that I could have had more time to work on detail in my pieces, especially in the backgrounds. I love experimenting with different colors in the background of paintings, however, there is not much going on, which is something I definitely need to attempt to fix. Therefore, while I had some difficulties putting together ten different art pieces in one week, it helped me learn to manage my time better and helped my gain a better idea of what I need to improve on throughout this year.      










No comments:

Post a Comment