Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Catching Up on Work!

I just realized that I had been so focused on painting and going to work that I never posted my reactions to the other three websites that we were supposed to look at. Therefore, I will post all of them now.

#2
This site has a lot of opportunities for those interested in art including a great amount of internships and grants. The site itself is very well organized and while I do not think that I am currently interested in any of opportunities made possible by this site, there is plenty of details for each specific grant and contact person so that it would be easy to access if I was ever interested. However, while this site did include a lot of interesting information, I did not really see too many images or art pieces, which is kind of what I had been hoping for. I thought I clicked on almost all of the links, but did not see many images, so I wish that there could have been more visuals for me.


#3
I looked around at a few websites, but the one that was the most interesting to be was the website for the Art Institute of Chicago. I remembered taking a trip to there back in middle school and how there were so many amazing pieces there that caught my eye, so I thought it might be interesting to look into the website a bit. This museum has a ton of pieces and exhibits, so obviously I do not have time to go through everything on this sight. However, while browsing, I came across this painting titled ‘Red Hill with Flowers’ by Georgia O’keefe and I remember seeing that piece in person and for some reason it caught my eye. It’s such a simple piece, however, there is something about the color and layout of it that just makes it absolutely beautiful. In fact, a lot of the pieces at this museum are actually like this. There is such a variety—some fairly simple and some very complex. It’s amazing how so many different types of art can be featured in one giant museum. But the permanent exhibits are not the only ones that are interesting to me, there is also a huge amount of exhibits that are only featured for a limited amount of time. However, each of these temporary exhibits are also very unique and not what one would necessarily expect. For example, when I went to the museum, there was an exhibit of art inside of these clear orbs and while it was a bit peculiar, it was very neat to look at. Therefore, the fact that this museum has such a large variety of artwork never ceases to amaze me.


#4
I’m not going to lie, on this website, I was much more interested in reading the writing pieces than the art, but I managed to stop myself from getting distracted from all the cool stories. However, even when I was looking through all of these art pieces, I found it to be a bit difficult to spot any that stood out to me. Many of the paintings were dark colors or portraits of people, neither of which are really my style. However, after searching for a decent amount of time, I found these three pieces that peaked my interest. Yeah, I know it’s no surprise that two of them turned out to be animals, but that’s just how it goes. While I could not figure out how to find out more information about the artists themselves, I found it amazing that these beautiful images were created by people my age, especially since the second is created by a girl named Sarina Zhou, who is only 14 years old. I love the use of color and detail in this piece and it makes me want to try a landscape piece like it. As for the other two images, the picture of a horse is by a seventeen-year-old named Anna-Sophia Lagos and the cat portrait is by an eighteen-year-old named Caroline Curran. Both of these images stood out to me due to the detail of the animals, making these artists relatable to me in that both of us must be very interested in animals. I know that I have not experimented much with just drawing realistic animals other than dogs, but I think that this is something that would definitely benefit me and my artwork this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment