Thursday, July 7, 2016

Awesome Artwork

Today I decided it was time to start looking at those websites that were listed on our summer homework page, so I began by looking at portalwisconsin.org and found the gallery to be really interesting!

When exploring this site, I was mostly interested in the painting section considering that paint is my favorite media to work with. It’s not too surprising that the two paintings that stood out to me the most were animals, but the odd thing is that they both stood out to me for different reasons. When I first saw the dog one, which is titled “Lars” by Sally Berner, I stopped to look at it not only because it is a dog, but because it is just so realistic that at a glance, it almost looks like a photograph rather than a painting. I have always thought paintings like this were just so unbelievable. The second painting that I found is titled “Winter Bliss” by Beth Scott and while it is simply a picture of a cat, i thought the way it was painted was interesting. The brush strokes are much different from the neat ones in the first painting I was drawn to, almost making the cat look extra furry. Also, the other images created by this artist were interesting as well, however, they were flowers rather than animals, but still looked very beautifully painted to me. Therefore, while I did not look at a ton of different items in this website, I found that I really should be attempting to paint animals more often since I adore them both in real life and through beautiful paintings. I might need to test out painting a dog in my sketchbook one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment