Thursday, June 23, 2016

Mistakes

Since I unfortunately did not get to work today, I decided that I could use this free time to finally read the article titled The Top 10 Mistakes Made By Art Students. As I would reading through this, I honestly was thinking, "Huh, none of these really seem to apply to me". However, just because they didn't seem to apply to me now, doesn't mean they never did. Thinking back to Freshman year, I am almost certain that I went through a series of these common mistakes. For example, I used to always struggle with coming up with a good concept to draw and I always wasted time with this. But now, as my experience with art has progressed, I have found it much easier to create art at an efficient pace. Therefore, I feel that these mistakes are certainly true for the average high school art student, however, they can overcome these typical mistakes as they gain experience with art. And while I am not too worried about these mistakes currently, I will continue to stay aware of them to ensure that I don't get caught up in silly mistakes like that. I just need to trust my instincts and make art. It's what any artist really should do.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Molly,
    I appreciate your comments and reflections on the article. I think you might want to push yourself a bit harder in terms of making art. If it is easy or simple I'm thinking you aren't learning new things and pushing in new directions. Perhaps the things that seem simple could go further. Consider this and pick maybe three things you think are the easiest and then push them conceptually and compositionally.

    ReplyDelete